Program provides help with energy needs including heating and cooling assistance, energy crisis intervention, low-cost residential weatherization and other energy-related home repair.
- Households that meet income guidelines
- Only US Citizens or lawfully present immigrants are eligible
Income and Resource Limits
Resources are not counted. Income must be within the limits listed below.
How to Apply
Contact the Community Action Program that serves the applicant’s city or town.
Other Energy Assistance Programs
- Good Neighbor Energy Fund: This fund is a statewide cooperative effort between gas and electric companies and The Salvation Army. The Good Neighbor Energy Fund is available to any Rhode Islander who, because of temporary financial difficulty, cannot meet a month’s energy expense and has not qualified for or received other energy assistance funds. Applicants can call 401-490-0240 for more information.
- Keep the Heat on: The Archdiocese of Providence sponsors the “Keep the Heat On” Challenge, which helps heat the homes of those who have exhausted all other public and private resources and with no place left to turn for assistance with their heating bills. Applicants can call 401-421-7833 x 207 for emergency assistance.
- JOE-4-OIL: The Citizens Energy Oil Heat Program works to provide struggling families with financial assistance. Applications are not available online. Applicants must call 1-877-JOE-4-OIL (1-877-563-4645) to apply for the program.
LIHEAP Income Guidelines
(FY2017 – November 2016- March 2017)
|Household Size||Annual Income Limit|