Emergency Shelter

Last updated: January 25, 2024

Unhoused Individuals: For assistance finding temporary shelter for unhoused individuals, call 2-1-1 or the RI Coalition for the Homelesness (401-721-5685).

Domestic Violence: For shelters for victims of domestic violence, contact the RI Coalition Against Domestic Violence, (401) 467-9940.

Questions about your rights

For assistance to challenge evictions, contact The Center for Justice (401-491-1101) or RI Legal Services (401-274-2652)

Foreclosure Assistance

Rhode Island Housing has a Help Center to provide advice and education for persons facing foreclosure or trying to avoid foreclosure. The center’s counselors can help property owners avoid losing their home or cope with the loss of their home; make sense of an existing mortgage; make safe, informed decisions about finding an affordable rental or mortgage; and prepare for homeownership. For more information call (401) 457-1130 and for Spanish, (401) 457-1122

Back to all resources