Child Support

Last updated: January 25, 2024

The Office of Child Support Services will help a custodial parent pursue a legal action to establish paternity, obtain orders of child support and medical support, or enforce existing child support orders for a fee of $20. The Office also assists non-custodial parents in establishing paternity, in filing motions to modify support orders and with job training and placement.

Parents who are receiving RI Works Cash Assistance, Child Care Assistance, or RIte Care Health Insurance are required to cooperate with the Office of Child Support in obtaining a child support and/or medical support order from a non-custodial parent. A parent can request a waiver from cooperation based on domestic violence and will be referred to the Family Violence Option Advocacy Program (Spanish) for safety-planning and to prove eligibility for the waiver.

How to Apply

To apply for services, go to the Office of Child Support website to print and mail an application. For more information, contact the Office of Child Support Services at (401) 458-4400.

Back to all resources